The CFM56 engine family includes five different models covering the thrust range from 18,500 to 34,000 lbf. CFM56 engines equip Airbus A320 twinjets, the first generation of A340-200/-300 long-haul transports and both the standard and next-generation Boeing 737s. With a backlog of nearly 14,000 orders from about 300 different customers, the CFM56 is the hottest selling engine in the commercial transport market.
The engine is produced in a cooperative 50-50 venture of GE and France's Safran Aircraft Engines.
CFM56-2, CFM56-3, CFM56-5B, and CFM56-7B MRO at MTU Maintenance
The CFM56-2 is maintained at MTU Maintenance Canada, the CFM56-3 is maintained at MTU Maintenance Canada and at MTU Maintenance Zhuhai, the CFM56-5B at MTU Maintenance Zhuhai. The CFM56-7B is supported by MTU Maintenance Hannover and by MTU Maintenance Zhuhai.
- Customised service packages and individual repair solutions
- Modification, retrofitting, repair and overhaul
- State-of-the-art repair service for entire engines, and comprehensive parts repair
- Innovative high-tech repair processes (MTUPlus Repairs)
- On-wing support
- 24/365 AOG hotline and spare parts provisioning in AOG emergencies
- Engine condition and trend monitoring
- Engineering support
- Provisioning of lease engines through MTU's e-pool services
- 1st run warranty repairs
- Two-shaft turbofan
- Single-stage high-pressure turbine
- Four-stage low-pressure turbine
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul at MTU Maintenance Hannover, MTU Maintenance Canada and MTU Maintenance Zhuhai
- Boeing 737
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A340-200/-300
|Max. thrust||104.5 kN|