World-class test cells
MTU’s facility in Berlin-Brandenburg boasts one of the largest and most advanced test cells for industrial gas turbines worldwide. It is designed to accommodate and test LM2500™, LM2500Plus™, LM2500+G4™ industrial gas turbines and various versions of the LM6000™ under real operating and load conditions. An electric generator is the load element. For conducting LM2500™ and LM2500Plus™ gas generator tests, the company uses an MTU-owned power turbine.
The control platform used is GE Energy’s Mark VIe. The control system features high-speed networked I/O and Ethernet communications. ToolboxST™ is powerful software used to perform diagnostics.
Its capabilities allow MTU to put even very highly-stressed components through their paces. For MTU, they are an important means of assuring the high quality of its maintenance services at all times. Web-based real-time remote witnessing allows customers to stay up-to-date with the progress of the test runs of their IGTs.
MTU has the following services to offer in its test cells:
- Process gas chromatography for analyzing the gas quality.
- Emission measuring capabilities for testing DLE gas turbines.
- Combustor mapping capabilities.
- Vibration diagnostics (advanced Bentley Nevada ADRE 208-P DAIU; 3500 vibration monitoring system with eight-channel vibration analyzer).
- Balancing of low-pressure compressor rotors.
- Digital recording of all relevant gas turbine parameters using the proDAS high-performance data acquisition system, a joint development of MTU Maintenance and MDS Aero.
- Fully electric six-valve MEGGITT test cell fuel skid.